Tuesday, September 25, 2007

कreepy

Long long ago….when I was supposed to be sane, there was a voice within me which rebelled at my sanity. ‘Sanity’ in those days was defined by conformism, talking politically correct stuffs, ensuring no one is hurt and most importantly not to show the imaginary mirror at a person lest he see his own hypocritical self. It was an age when everyone realized the truth yet no one spelt it out. To say that you don’t know something is a sign of weakness, to accept your mistake was the most evil of things you could ever conjure in your lifetime. Such circumstances should direct you to point towards someone else. Doesn’t matter who. So long as it is not you.

Then insanity got the better of me. It got me lots of enemies and a few very valuable friends. It ensured that I knew what I was doing, and that I would be man enough to be accounted for my actions. It also meant that I would give MY mind a free rein and not simply follow the diktats of some slob.

And now painfully I am realizing that the ghost of sanity is still within me and is attempting a comeback.

No comments:

Post a Comment