Monday, July 9, 2007

Its time for thanksgiving.......

So what do u do when u reach home early from office, got nothing to do….you are not in a position to be spending the evening and night speaking sweet nothings to ur loved one…..and are bored to death???????????????? U WRITE A BLOG………all in the hope that there is some one……somewhere….who is in a more pitiable state than you and HAS to read whatever crap you put forth……….

‘pullaiyaar suzhi potaachaaa? Seri…ippo matterku varalaam’

You come across different type of people in this world….and more often than not..looking back…you are happy to have been with them…to have learnt something from them…..

Today I am gonna subject the readers to a wonderful friend…..who has always been a source of strength for me….who has been with me through my toughest time….and who has made me never settle for nething but the best……

I always had this habit of juxtaposing my friends with some characters straight out of a movie or a novel…..and whenever I think of her….the person who first comes to my mind is Laura Castellano….why so???? Dunno exactly…..maybe because of the comfort level I have with her….maybe because of the platonic relation I share with her…or maybe because I had ran out of any more decent characters…..

You know….the closest to you are the ones to whom you don’t need to explain yourself….you don’t need to express yourself…..all you need to do…is …..just to be…….and she was one of the very few people with whom I could just…..be…

What’s so special about her? Have never analyzed that…never will…..analyzing feelings and thoughts constrains the human understanding within the four walls of human wisdom. I dont need that….i don’t want that….

I believe relations are to be experienced…..these are like painting on a limitless canvas….you go about adding a line here…a streak there….always giving yourself and your friends the opportunity to explore….to learn..to understand…and at the end of it all….you can sense the pattern developing in the big canvas…..

‘seri…ippo ennaaangarey? Romba penaathindrukey?’

Hmm…so back to Laura….one of the very few people whom I have respected right from the moment I have seen her…..she had loads of ability…..was ambitious….was unafraid to try new things..and was always up for a challenge…..and I must say…that the day I first met her…..i got mightily raped….ahem….by her brilliance…and by the scathing tongue of my English teacher…..this Laura…was also fundoo…infact the fundooest in my class…. in aangila mozhi…..

Probably the bestest thing I liked in her..and learnt from her..was – dreams have to be backed by action….with her….i started dreaming…with her..i started believing in my dreams…and..i started achieving them too…and all the while she was there goading me….competing with me….stretching me to my limits….and never being satisfied with whatever I did….coz she always felt I could do more….

In a way…we were complementary…..me a lazy bum…and she a perennially active person….me..with a galeej tongue..and she…a very sophisticated one….me always gruff and moody….she always chirpy….me..thinking I will do something….and she…doing THAT very thing….me..a Barney….and she….a Laura…

No need for expressing....no need for explaining...all you need to do is just....BE

‘tentu kottaai la elaaru padam paathaachaaa? Ippo apadiye apeet aaikonga paarkalaam……’

1 comment:

  1. lovely...I am sure I know Laura! Not everyone finds such a friend...even If they find one they may not realise it...when they do realise it may be too late...but such friends make life all the more liveable..keep posting Bheemboy! :)

    ReplyDelete